Thursday, November 16, 2006

Winner and Pictures!

Deb (sadly blogless as far as I know) is the peppiest ball band dishcloth pep rallier. She knit a total of 11 dishcloths- ELEVEN! That is more than even any of the HT girls managed.
Here they are all lovely in her very clean kitchen. Deb, did you clean your kitchen with a ball band dishcloth? I hope so! A useful dishcloth is a happy dishcloth.
















Fay is the winner of our "guess how ball band crazy
the HT gals are" contest. She guessed the lowest number, 70. I don't even know for sure how many we knit, but it was no where near 70. I guess we aren't as crazy as you all thought we were. (Plus, you didn't have the advantage of knowing that we were all knitting for the fashion show at the same time- ah ha I am sooooo sneaky!)
Here is the count so far
Jen - 7 Karen- 4 Megan - 9 Daphne - 3 Shannon - 2
I know Wendee and Roseanne also knit a few, but I haven't heard a final number yet. Seeing as we are only at 25, and I'm sure the two ladies didn't knit 45 dishclothes together (I would have heard about THAT,) I am declaring Fay the winner.

I also just love Fay's "natural habitat" picture. Here is what she said about it.

Here are the dishcloths in their natural habitat. One by one they come out of hiding, ready to pounce on their unsuspecting prey, the dirty pot.
And here are a few of her dishclothes (she gave a few away) all sitting pretty for their picture. Isn't the little baby one so cute!







And last but not least
Moirae's finished dishcloth. Very pool party cool!
I am making the executive decision to give the third prize to Moirae. Seeing as these three knitters were the only ones to submit pictures to me, and the other two all ready won prizes, I thought that Moirae deserved the last prize.

You see, hand knit dish clothes bring you good luck!














And now for the drawing out of names, drumroll please. . . .
Moirae wins prize #1
Deb wins prize #2
Fay wins prize #3


Fay and Deb, if I am correct you both live in the Seattle area? You can pick up your prizes at the Queen Anne shop after tomorrow about noonish. Moirae, please send me an email (hilltopblog@gmail.com) and give me your address. I will ship yours to you.

and

CONGRATULATIONS!

5 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger smallsmallfaery said...

Wow! This totally makes my day! I'll be by this weekend sometime. I'm excited about this next knit along!

-Fay

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger manic hispanic said...

YAY!!! Congratulations to all!

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi this is Deb!! I'm soooo exicted. Thank you!!!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the blue and black washcloth-- Is it Deb's? The colors are so dramatic.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home