Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rusted Root


Rusted Root
Originally uploaded by dinahsaurus.
Rusted Root, the vacation project on which I failed to work until the plane ride home, is finished! With some minor modifications, this pattern led to a very charming sweater. It took just less than 3 balls of Cotton Ease in Terracotta to make the XS/Small size. The sleeves are a size small and the body is extra small. I added increases at the hips (14 sitiches overall) and 3 extra stitches and 7 extra rows to each sleeve. The lace pattern was very easy to follow and, as with the other Zephyr patterns, there was no seaming at the end. If Seattle can keep up the summer weather, I'll be wearing it soon!

7 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Oooh I'm feeling the peer pressure now that you, Jule, Jenny and Shannon have all made this.

I feel another "official" Hilltop sweater coming on. This one can be for summer while our Noro one can be for winter. :)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger KnittingEm said...

You bet the pressure is on. Angie and Emily have also made the Rusted Root.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger manic hispanic said...

seeing all these rusted root reaffirms the fact that i need to redo my sleeves.
poopies!!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger goodkarma said...

Can someone answer a question about size for me? The size choices are interesting... 3-4" of variance in each size?? I am trying to decide between a medium (36-39") and a large (40-43") because I normally knit a 39-40" sweater. Did anyone knit a large, and can they tell me what the measurement actually is?

Thx!

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous toya said...

can you tell me where did you start your increases and what increase stitch your used?
trinisells2002@yahoo.com

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger dinahsaurus said...

Goodkarma,
I haven't made a large, but from all I've read online, people are fitting into a size smaller than they'd usually make. I have a 34" actual chest measurement, and I made the XS, which is listed as a 28-32. It fits snugly, but without stretching. I think the next size up would have been too loose.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger dinahsaurus said...

Toya,
I tried on the sweater as I was knitting it (by putting it on two circs), and began the increases where my hips start, about 5 inches after the last decrease. I increased 2 stitches every 4th round 7 times, by putting in a M1 before the first side marker and after the second one.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home