Sunday, November 19, 2006

Felting for Christmas?


These are my second and third felting projects. The fourth one has yet to hit the washer. But, I'm learning.

The yarn is WOOL from Lion Brand, and the pattern is one of their free ones. These are hot pads. I did not put the little hanger on the end (I-cord), as I felt they'd end up being used as heat pads, not pot holders.

They are all single crochet on K hook. I think each one took about 3-4 hours to do.

The Wool really felts nicely! I tossed them into my small, european front loader on color fast darks, with a load of wash, at 140 degrees, and they came out perfectly felted. They needed little stretching. And what I really like is they are soft.

What a fun and easy gift making concept!
Roseann

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Sean Carter said...

Thats a great gift idea ...easy and fun!! It has come out lovely too!! If you are looking out for some more cool stuff you can jus peep into my Holiday Blog.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home