Monday, August 07, 2006

Susan's Ringbearer Pillow

Long-time Hilltop Yarn shoppers may remember Leslie Hestekind, who's getting married this weekend. I won't be able to attend her wedding, but I'm sending along this ringbearer pillow:





Susan Dirk designed this pillow, which uses less than a full skein of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, and gives the crafty knitter a chance to do some hand-sewing and beading. (I've recently learned to love hand-sewing, especially at social events where I am sitting and listening to, say, music or a conversation.) The knitting took less than 4 hours and is a fairly simple lace pattern. I'd recommend it highly for anyone who wants to try knitting from the center out before tackling a shawl or for an adventuresome intermediate knitter who wants to give lace a try. For experienced lace knitters, this is a really great last-minute project (though people with fabric, fiberfill and bead stashes will fare best when it's time to finish). The hardest part is the very beginning--after that, it's only hard to stop knitting!

5 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Megan said...

It's beautiful! Great job Daphne!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Daphne said...

Thanks, Duchess!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger HeatherKnits said...

Oh, I love it! I was wondering what to do with that Debbie Bliss silk... what a great idea.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather! Be warned that you'll probably want more as soon as you finish this little guy. ;) But when is knitting not like that?

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Daphne, that's BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see it. :-) Thank you so much - I miss you gals so much. Love, Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home