Monday, January 29, 2007

Valentine Pink Sweater


I just finished this sweater last week, and I know some customers are trying it out, too, so I thought it would make a good pre-Valentine
post. It's the "Cropped Cardigan" pattern from Blue Sky Alpacas, and
knits up very, VERY fast. In fact, I think it would make an excellent
first or second sweater for newish knitters, because it has my favorite
combination of big gauge and no finishing. In the recommended Alpaca Sportweight
(which this isn't--just stash yarn), it would also be cuddly soft. And
Alpaca Silk doubled would be divine as well. The only change I had to
make was in the sleeves. The cute little model in the pattern must have
massive, vampire-slayer-esque biceps, because the sleeves started out
way too big for me, even though the rest of the sweater fit fine. I
added two additional decrease rows to each sleeve (4 stitches fewer per
arm) and knitted the ribbing on size 8 needles instead of 10.5s. And, yay, instant sweater!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home