Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Pretty new yarn for fall!

Hello there, yarn lovers! I'm Jen and I'm the newest addition to the Hilltop staff. I just enjoyed my second day of training and one of the best parts of the day was getting to walk past the display of Malabrigo worsted over & over again. We just got it into the shop, and while we don't have every color that you see there on the website, we have many beautiful ones, including variegated and kettle-dyed solids. Malabrigo is a butter-soft merino wool, perfect for sweaters, felted bags, even baby hats. If you have a Ravelry account, hop on there and see what others have made with their Malabrigo. We also have the Malabrigo laceweight in some stunning colorways, including a stunning blue and jaw-droppingly gorgeous purple. At almost 500 yards per skein, the laceweight would make any number of shawls with just one or two skeins.

I have one skein of Malabrigo in a coppery brown sitting in my stash. What should I make with it? What have you made with your Malabrigo lately?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Martine said...

Hi Jen! Welcome to HT!

I am so excited about the addition of malabrigo - I have dreams about making a cardigan in bright red laceweight, perfect for fall layering.

And one day, one day, perhaps my Ravelry invite will arrive (grumble grumble).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home