Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Spring is Absolutely in the Air


I know this is jumping the gun by about a month, however I feel a change in the weather and I think it is worth noting. ...
The leaves are beginning to change here in the shop--well, the color palate is anyway. Brights and pastels are slowly creeping in to the spotlight. Which, in my humble opinion, are the BEST colors to be surrounded by. Don't you think?
So while we're on the topic...
Spring (as all of you know) is not just the time when I was born, but also a time of rejuvenation and rejuvenating is what we've been up to. It seems like all of our knitters have taken a call to arms and are producing like they're lives depend on it...
Here is a fabulous one skein project for those of you who are handy with a hook. Our lovely Karen is the designer and model for this one.

And holy tunic! This is a design by Monica and was knit by Kat. You all need to take a good look at it. I am in awe of the beauty of Kat's stitches. If someone had told me it was done by a machine, I'd believe it without a hint of skepticism.

Also worth mentioning are all the new Zephyr patterns we have in the store. We have a model of the Green Gables pattern displayed prominently in the shop. This picture here is my rendition of the Rusted Root pattern. This sweater turned out to be an accidental employee knit along. I think four of us have knit it so far.
(Incidentally my sweater is knit in one of the colors I designated for the silly holiday, "single awareness day," that I quasi-created.)


This is my favorite time of the year. It's full of happy hustle and bustle--fresh energy. As you can see we have a lot going on right now. More than lil ole me could put in one blog post. So, I'll leave it at that!
Happy Almost Spring!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Wendee said...

Nice work on the sweater, Shanny. Perfect for S.A.D. or any other time. Super cute! What is that beeeeutiful yarn the tunic is knit in? It's yumilicious.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger manic hispanic said...

It's in the mountain colors. isn't it super yumms?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger manic hispanic said...

it's in cotton fleece and i love it!!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm coming to Seattle to see that darling sweater. You've convinced me it must be a to do sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home