Monday, October 02, 2006

Ballband One


Ballband One
Originally uploaded by dinahsaurus.
Honestly, I had fantasies about wheeling out one of these a day, but I don't think that will happen. Here's my Ballband Number One, in Sugar-N-Creme and Mission Falls Cotton, started at 1:00 am this morning. There is no artistic vision behind this, except maybe the knowledge that yesterday was October 1st and I had better get cracking. I tried out three different cast-ons-- the knitted, the cable and the long-tail-- and only the long tail didn't look weird, but that could have been due to the hour in the morning. As you can see, I have at least a couple more cloths in the queue, but I do plan on getting some sleep this month.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I like it--especially the thought that I can use other yarn to supplement my colors. See, my kitchen is brown and teal and my "lavatory" is orange and chartreuse. Really. Not sure if Peaches & Cream makes quite those, um, BOLD, shades of cotton.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Wendee said...

Yes - Oct. 1st came quickly. I'm 6 repeats into my hot pink/ hot orange / red cloth. I like 11 or 12 repeats, so I'm only 1/2 way done with the first. Better get cracking. It's a quick project for me, but definitly not a one-nighter. I'm going to check into other cottons too - Sugar-n-Cream (as lovely as it is won't cut it for my kitchen-matching cloth.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger smallsmallfaery said...

I got the Hilltop email, went to the shop to buy some sugar 'n cream this this evening and now I'm jumping on the bandwagon. (I didn't even know how to knit with two colors or what yf and yb meant at the beginning of this evening!) I now have one pattern repeat.

I'm Fay S. and I think the HT staff will make 72 washcloths.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home