Monday, September 18, 2006

First Ever HTY Blog Contest

The whole internet is a-buzz with ball band dish cloth knitting, a classic design made famous by the fun-loving gals at Mason Dixon Knitting. a few of us Hilltop gals have even jumped on board.

Wendee here
Karen here
and myself.

Well, with the arrival of Sugar n' Cream at HTY Queen Anne, and the fact that many of us are examining both knitting time and budget restraints until Christmas time, we are ready to cheer one another on to dish cloth knitting mania.

In my two years at HT, I have never seen Jen so excited about knitting something. Is it the simple, yet complex looking pattern? Is it the instant gratification that comes from a finished object in just about an hour? Is it the fun colors and the endless matching possibilities?
It's probably all of the above.

So Jen and I thought that a contest was in order. . .

THE FIRST EVER HILLTOP YARN BLOG KNITTING CONTEST!!!

Here are the categories:

--The knitter who finishes the most washcloths.
--The knitter with the most creative photograph of their washcloth.
--The knitter who guesses (or comes the closest to guessing) to the total number of dishcloths knit by the HT women.

We haven't decided on prizes for sure yet, but they will be knitting related, and of course you will be honored and recognized for your dish cloth genius here on the Hilltop Blog.

In addition to this, any of you may challenge a HT knitter to a knit off. If the employee accepts your challenge, she will set the time restraints and will decide what the "terms" will be.

The knitting will begin the first of Oct. and will end the last day of Oct. (plenty of time to knit a gaggle of dishcloths.) All dishcloths must be knit within this time frame, NO head starts! The washcloths should have 12 repeats.

For those of you who haven't been able to get your hands on a copy of Mason Dixon Knitting but still want to participate, here is a link to this classic pattern. It is listed as the textured slip stitch-2.
Dishcloth Boutique


You must register to participate, do so by leaving your first name and last initial or your blogging name in the comments of this post, along with your blog address if you have one, and your guess as to how many dishcloths will be knit by the HT knitters.
Registration will close Wed. September 27th. So post your guesses, warm up your needles, and get to HTY before all the Sugar n' Cream is gone!


If you want to challenge one of the HT Knitters, send an email with your challenge to update_hilltopyarn@msn.com. We will forward it to their personal email. Remember, depending on their current stress level and knitting commitments, they may or may not accept the challenge.

8 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I am so IN. For the knitting, not the guessing. (Do HTY knitters even need to register?)
Karen

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I understanding right? Non-HT knitters can try to win by knitting as many as possible; or by entering their photos to win; or by guessing how many washrags are knit by HT employees during October (but NOT the total number knit by entrants)? And on top of that, someone could challenge me, who just happened to cast on her first washcloth last night, to knit more than she does?

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Yes,
Yes,
how many are knit by HT employees during Oct.
If someone challenges you, you get to set the terms, knitting period, pattern (if you want a different one,) reward for who wins (ie the other's washcloths, charity donation, ect.) or you are 100% allowed to say no if you are too busy or are not into a challenge right now.
This is all like a "pep rally" of sorts, as many of us have thought a bundle of these would make great Christmas gifts this year.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Wendee said...

Dude. I'm in. I need to mosey on over there to get some brown Sugar 'n Cream - I looked for it everywhere... and now it's in my own backyard!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm in! I just got some dishcloth cotton from a secret pal and I've never knit one before. :)

I'm Stariel, my blog is Stariel Knits and I guess that you HT women will knit 80 dishclothes.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in! I guess an even 100 washcloths. It seems like a good goal. Now get knitting!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I can't beat you at numbers of cloths knit, but here's my guess of what the Hilltop Knitters will finish: 89

I'll also try to get a photo on my blog in October. It has been exactly a year since I knit this pattern.

Becky G. at http://www.moonfrog.com

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger moirae said...

I put in a guess, but I never really signed up!

So here I am.

Steph F/Moirae

 

Post a Comment

<< Home