Thursday, September 14, 2006

Necklaces


Necklaces
Originally uploaded by dinahsaurus.
Following Martine's description of the assiduous planning and knitting of a gorgeous cardigan is going to make me look even more like the Princess Lazypants that I really am. In addition to having many projects on the needles at once, I often think--no kidding-- What can I make in an hour? With this lovely 50 yard ball of yarn? At 1:00 in the morning? Lots of bad crafting happens this way, but good things come of it, too, like these necklaces. They are crocheted (but not too difficult crochet) and have only two rows. The Fall one is in orange Kidsilk Haze with green ribbon and yellow and green beads, and the Spring one is in pink Cotton Glace, with pink ribbon and pink and silver beads. The pattern will be, I think, one of Hilltop's upcoming One Skein patterns, even though one ball of yarn will make many, many of these. It took 12 yards of Cotton Glace. You could outfit a whole football team of bridesmaids with one ball.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PHEW! Thank goodness you broke the spell. I am almost afraid to post any of my plebian projects now that Martine posted Rosita. Now I'm not saying the necklaces are plebian--I like them, especially the idea that I can make jewelry with crafts I know, since I'm lame at "real" jewelry making.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Martine said...

say what you guys will - I'm pretty darned impressed by crocheted necklaces. (Granted, I'm pretty darned impressed by any crocheting beyond a square of singles).

Extra points for using the fantastic orange KSH that I adore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home