Monday, August 21, 2006

As promised: Big Wool instant gratification

On Saturday I headed up to Hilltop and left with a bag of green Big Wool and the pattern for Sarah Hatton's Laura from Big It Up. That night, I knitted the back. Sunday morning, the left front. Sunday afternoon/evening, the right front, the first sleeve and part of the second sleeve. Just what the knitting doctor ordered!

Here's a phone pic I took yesterday afternoon to show my partner what he was missing by being in Portland this weekend. As you can see, it's only two pieces of the sweater; I told him I might have a finished sweater by the time he came home. And I could have, but the house was just too gross to ignore any longer.



Maybe tomorrow I'll have a finished garment, but I probably won't be wearing it because it's nice and summery around here again. Of course, I could bring it to the office and put it on my feet, which are continually freezing indoors in A/C in my summer shoes. Has anyone ever solved this dilemma of offices in the summer?

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I can't believe you knit this in two days. I so need some Big Wool. I am hating the DK weight hemp I am knitting on right now, might be the fact that I haven't been happy with the design and have ripped it out three times. Sigh

BIG WOOL! BIG WOOL! BIG WOOL!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Wendee said...

The new fall colors of Big Wool are divine. (That dark brown... YUM!) I'm think I'm going to have to take your lead... We just moved our offices to a new building and have A/C for the first time. I freeze! I put a pair of Knitty's "Fuzzy Feet" under my desk for those extra cold days. 'Course I usually wear slides so their easy to transition.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendee! Great idea on the fuzzy feet at the desk. Heck, I can't get mocked any more than I already do for the wrist warmers and the space heater.

I'm not sure I've seen the dark brown big wool. Perhaps it will be another sweater for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home