Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. . .

Usually I find designing interesting, creative, inspiring. . . but not always.

Jen asked me to create a pattern for a washcloth worthy of a pampered day at the spa out of Hemp For Knitting's Hemp Yarn. In keeping with the earth friendly yarn, I wanted the design to be inspired from the earth.

Attempt #1:
Nothing wrong with this design, except it was not (yes, that is what you read WAS NOT) knit on the bias. Can you belive it?


Attempt #2
Lesson learned: Hemp and Entrelock do not play well together.













Attempt #3:
NO, NO, NO! Just plain NO!
This looked like granny had found a new use for gramps gardening twine.









And. . . 4th time's the charm:

Little seeds from the earth grow gradually to create a feminine coral like spa cloth with a womb-like little pouch. The washed hemp creates a drape that flows like water over your hand. The pattern stitch provides a gentle exfoliating and rejuvenating experience for your skin
A perfect gift from the earth, the hands, the heart.
The pattern will be available at Bumbershoot.

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm glad you documented the process. Your final product is great!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Wendee said...

cute, cute! Looks like a perfect gift for a friend (or for me!)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Betsy Rocks said...

Megan that is perfect! Yarn perseverance at its finest. I want one too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home